Have you ever wondered if you could see who views your Instagram video posts? It’s a mystery that many of us have pondered, but the truth is that Instagram doesn’t allow users to see who has watched their videos. There are some unofficial workarounds, but it is important to note that none of these are officially sanctioned by Instagram and could potentially lead to the closure of your account. In this article, we will uncover the mystery of who can view your Instagram video posts, and explain the implications for users. We will also look at the various unofficial methods and explain why they may or may not be a good idea for you. By the end, you will have a better understanding of how Instagram works and how to protect yourself when it comes to your videos.
Can You See Who Views Your Instagram Video Post?
Unfortunately, no, you can’t see who views your Instagram video posts. Instagram does not provide this information to users, so there is no way to tell for sure who has seen your post. It’s important to remember that even if you can’t see who watched your video, it doesn’t mean they didn’t see it. People can view videos without leaving a comment or “like,” meaning that even if you don’t get any feedback, someone may still be watching.
Exploring Instagram Video Privacy Settings
- The first thing we need to do is to understand how video privacy is set up on Instagram. The good news is that Instagram video privacy settings work the same way as Instagram photo privacy settings.
- This means that you can select whether your video is public, visible to your followers only, or unlisted. Unlisted videos are only visible to people who have the direct link. If you select public, your video will be visible to anyone who searches for it, without requiring them to be a follower. That being said, there are two main things to keep in mind when deciding how to post your video.
- The first is that, unlike posts, videos are not available to all users. If an account has been set to private, you will not be able to view their videos, even if you have followed them. For this reason, it might not be a good idea to select the public for all of your videos.
- The second thing to keep in mind is that, unlike posts, which disappear after a week, videos disappear after 24 hours. You can, however, select how many people can see your video during that time, so you can choose to make it visible only to your followers.
Unofficial Workarounds For Viewing Instagram Video Views
- As we mentioned, there are a few ways you can try to see who views your video on Instagram. We will now go through each of them and discuss their pros and cons. The first method is to use a view counter. Since Instagram doesn’t keep track of this information, a view counter will allow you to keep track of how many people have watched your video.
- You can get a free view counter by searching online and finding one that works with Instagram. The problem with this method is that it isn’t very accurate. It’s possible that the counter will stop working once Instagram detects that it’s being used. Another method is to use a social media analytics tool like Social Blade (see price below). These tools are computer programs that connect to your account and track data on how many people have viewed your posts.
- This can include your Instagram video posts. While some of these programs are free, they can be risky. If Instagram detects that you’re using one of these programs, it can shut down your account.
- If Instagram does decide to shut down your account, they will send you an email notifying you of the decision. If you receive such an email, you have about a week to appeal the decision.
- You will be required to submit some documents, like your ID, to prove that you are the owner of the account. Unfortunately, there is no way to know if you are being monitored by Instagram without receiving this message.
Pros And Cons Oof Unofficial Workarounds
- Now that we have covered each of the unofficial workarounds for seeing who views your Instagram video posts, let’s talk about the pros and cons of these methods. The first method of using a view counter has some potential accuracy issues. However, the other two methods can be extremely accurate and allow you to see precisely who is watching your video.
- The problem is that the accuracy comes at the cost of your account. If Instagram detects that you are using an outside program, they can shut you down and there is little you can do about it.
- The second problem with these methods is that they are unethical. They are in direct violation of Instagram’s rules and are an attempt to hack the system. If you want to use these methods, you need to be prepared to lose your account, which is not worth the risk in our opinion.
How To Protect Yourself When Posting Videos On Instagram?
Create a strong password
When you create an account on Instagram, you’re asked to select a password. This password becomes the key to your account and will grant access to anyone who has it. If your password is weak and easy to guess, it’s very likely that someone will log into your account without your knowledge. That’s why it’s important to create a strong password that includes a variety of characters. Avoid using simple passwords like your name or birthday since hackers often use this information to guess passwords. Instead, create a password with a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols that only you would know. You can also use a password manager to generate and remember complex passwords.
Use two-factor authentication
When you sign up for Instagram, you have the option of enabling two-factor authentication, or 2FA for short. This extra layer of protection will ensure that only you have access to your account by requiring you to enter a verification code after logging in. This code is generated by an authentication app, like Google Authenticator or Authy, on your phone. Hackers can’t access your verification code without having physical access to your phone, so enabling 2FA is the best way to protect your account from unauthorized logins. While 2FA is an important part of keeping your account safe, it’s important to note that it is not a substitute for a strong password. If you have 2FA enabled, but use a weak password, your account is still susceptible to hacks. Always make sure to have a strong password in addition to 2FA for the best account protection.
Limit who can view your videos
You can also control who can see your stories by changing the privacy settings of your posts. To change your privacy settings, click on the three dots next to your post and choose “privacy.” Click on the “Custom” privacy setting and select who can view your post. For videos, you can select between “everyone,” “friends,” or “friends except,” where “friends except” will block anyone who isn’t on your list of friends from seeing your video. If you change your post’s privacy settings, it will apply to all posts that are public. Stories have a 24-hour time limit and will disappear after that time. While changing your privacy settings will prevent people who follow you from seeing your posts, it doesn’t prevent them from taking screenshots of your post. It’s important to remember that any information you post on Instagram can be easily accessed by your followers. Limit who can view your posts by choosing “friends” or “friends except” to prevent your posts from being public.
Utilize private messaging
Another tool that you can use to keep your conversations private is Instagram’s private messaging feature. This feature enables you to send a message to a friend that only they can see. This is a great way to keep conversations private because the content of the message is not visible to anyone else, not even the person to who you sent the message. You can open private messaging by tapping the dots on the top right corner of your Instagram app. From there, you can select the person that you want to message and the message will then be sent to the recipient’s inbox. If you don’t have a message yet, tapping the dots will open a new message box so you can type a message. While Instagram’s private messaging feature keeps your conversations private, it’s important to remember that it isn’t a secure medium for communication. In fact, it has been reported that private messages aren’t encrypted, which means that they aren’t safe from being viewed or tampered with by hackers.
Don’t share personal information
Social media is a great way to stay connected with friends, but it’s important to be careful not to share too much information. Although it might feel like an innocent action, click on “about” and type in your full address, phone number, and other identifying information. While it’s great to connect with family members and lifelong friends, it’s important not to give out your personal information to people you don’t know well. It’s easy for people to pretend to be someone they’re not online, so it’s important to be aware of what you’re posting and to whom you’re sharing your information. While Instagram has a number of tools that can help you protect your account, it’s up to you to be smart about how you’re using the platform. By following these 5 tips, you can protect yourself from harm while using Instagram.
Instagram has always been a black box. Users can get inside, but they cannot see how it works. When it comes to video views, Instagram remains a mystery. While you can see how many people have seen your video, you cannot see who has seen it. There are many potential explanations for this, and it is important to remember that Instagram is a private company, and it can do whatever they want.