Who wouldn’t want to be your valentine? Chances are if you’re reading this, you’ve probably been left unrequited as everyone around you has found their perfect match. But don’t worry, that just means your odds of getting that special someone are even better this year. If you have the courage and confidence in yourself, asking someone out should not be a problem for you. if you take the risk and ask them anyway, they will almost certainly say yes! So let’s take a look at how to ask someone to be your valentine.
How To Ask Someone To Be Your Valentine?
If you like someone and want to let them know, sending them a card or a cute little love note is a great way to express your feelings. However, it can be a bit nerve-wracking to ask someone on a date or as your valentine. There’s also the challenge of figuring out how to let that special person know you have feelings for them. Whether you are friends with this person or not, asking someone to be your valentine can be scary. But don’t worry — there are plenty of ways you can do this without having to work up the courage in front of them. We all have our shy moments and some days when we just don’t feel like talking much. If you are struggling to come up with ideas on how to ask someone to be your valentine, here are different ways you can do so:
1. Write a Letter
If you are someone who likes to write, this is a great way to ask someone. If the person is someone you are pretty close to, such as a friend, this will be a really sweet gesture. If you are not that close to the person, this might be a bit more scary. However, don’t let that hold you back. This is a great romantic gesture that you can keep for years to come.
2. Send an Email
If the person you like is someone you are not that close to, sending an email might be the best option. You can craft a cute and cute message letting them know that you like them and asking them to be your valentine. This is great because it can be short, sweet, and to the point. It might be a bit scary, though — what if they don’t like you back?
3. Send a Text
Texting is a great and easy way to ask someone to be your valentine if you are not sure how they feel about you. You can text them something like, “Heyo! I was wondering if you would like to be my valentine?” You can go on from there and tell them why you like them, ending with “Let me know what you think.” This is great for times when you are out and about with someone and don’t want to talk in front of them.
4. Surprise Them With Roses
If you are confident that the person you like would like to be your valentine, you can surprise them with roses. This is great if you have a bit of extra cash and want to make it extra special. Make sure you are confident that the person would like your gift and that it isn’t too much or too weird.
5. Play Games Together
If the person you like is someone you spend a lot of time with, like a friend, playing games together is a great way to ask them to be your valentine. You can casually bring it up in conversation. You can also just ask them directly.
6. Send them a cute valentine card
If you are not that confident that the person you like would like to be your valentine, a cute valentine card might be the best way to go. You can buy these cards at most stores around February. They come in all sorts of varieties, so there is definitely something for everyone.
7. Surprise them with flowers or chocolates
If you are not sure how the person you like would feel about you asking them to be your valentine, try surprising them with a bouquet of flowers or a box of chocolates. It is a nice gesture that lets them know you care.
8. Ask over coffee or dinner
If the person you like is someone you are not that close to, such as a co-worker, asking them to be your valentine over coffee or dinner is a great way to go about this. You can be casual about it and just casually bring it up in conversation. You can also just ask them directly at the end of your conversation. There you have it — 10 different ways to ask someone to be your valentine. No matter what, remember to be confident and don’t let nerves get the best of you.
Plan Your Strategy
Before you ask anyone to be your valentine, you need to plan your strategy. You need to decide who you’re going to ask and how. And you need to make sure you’re ready for the outcome, no matter what it is.
- If you’re going to ask a friend, you need to be careful. Make sure you’re not going to ruin a friendship over this.
- Make sure that you’re in a place where you can just ask them out of the blue. If you’re at school, it might be tricky.
- It might be best to wait until after the weekend to ask.
- If you’re going to ask someone who you’re not super close to, you need to plan even more.
- You need to make sure you have their number, and you have time to call them.
Ask Your Friends For Help
If you’re having trouble coming up with the right words to ask, why not ask your friends for help? You don’t want to overthink this and stress yourself out.
- Asking someone out is stressful enough as it is, so don’t make it any worse than it needs to be.
- If you have friends who have asked people out before, ask them what they said. You don’t have to take word-for-word what they say, but taking their ideas into consideration can help.
- You also have to consider your friends’ personalities.
- For example, if you have an outgoing friend, they may suggest something more showy and attention-grabbing.
- If you have a quieter friend, they might suggest something simpler and less obvious.
Pick The Right Place And Time
- The next step is to pick the right place and time to ask your crush.
- You want to make sure you pick somewhere quiet and private, so you can get their undivided attention.
- If you pick somewhere loud and busy, they’re going to be too distracted to even listen to what you have to say.
- You also want to make sure you pick a time when you’re crush is not busy or rushed.
- If they have a ton of stuff to do that day, they might not be able to say yes because they don’t have time.
Don’t Be Afraid To Be Yourself
Finally, don’t be afraid to be yourself when you ask your crush to be your valentine. Yes, you have to be confident, but don’t pretend to be someone you’re not. If you have a shy personality, that’s okay. Just try to relax and enjoy the moment. If you don’t know what to say, just ask them if they want to go out sometime. If you’re going to be with friends, don’t forget to ask if they want to go out with you, too! After all, friendship shouldn’t be forgotten just because you’re dating!
Remember, even if your crush says no, you shouldn’t give up hope yet. You never know when they might change their mind and decide they want to go out with you, too! If you put all these tips into practice, there’s a good chance you’ll be the one getting the most valentines this year! But even if you don’t get any, you shouldn’t feel bad about it. It just means you need to try harder next year!