The mullet. It’s a hairstyle that has been around for centuries and still has a special place in the hearts of many. Whether you wear it for its iconic 80s appeal, or for its more modern, fashion-forward style, the mullet is still an incredibly versatile haircut. If you’re looking to take your hairstyle to the next level, then it’s time to get serious about growing a perfect mullet. This definitive guide will show you how to get the perfect mullet, from the right styling products to the best shapes and lengths for your face. Whether you’re a first-time mullet wearer, or a veteran looking to refresh your look, this guide has everything you need to know to get the perfect mullet. So grab your styling products and let’s get started!
How To Grow A Mullet?
- Choppy layers – This is a great way to create a mullet that is a little on the edgier side. The choppy layers will add texture to the hair and create an interesting look. This is a great option for those with straight hair that want to try a mullet.
- Multi-colored elements – This is a great way to add boldness and stand out in a crowd. You can add multi-colored highlights to the long hair in the back of the long hair in the front. Or, you can add colored lowlights to give the mullet some extra coloring and make it a little bold.
- Asymmetrical shapes – This is a great option for people with thick or curly hair. You can create an asymmetrical look on each side of the head by trimming some of the hair shorter in the back and keeping the hair in the front a little longer. This will create a nice contrast between the long hair in the back and the longer hair in the front.
- Highlights and lowlights – Growing out a long mullet with highlights and lowlights is a great way to create a unique look. This will allow you to add some color to the long hair in the back and the longer hair in the front. You can add highlights and lowlights to any area of the head, but it is recommended to focus on the top and sides so that the hair in the back is not too busy.
- Creative styling – This is a great option for those who want to try a mullet, but are a little apprehensive about growing out their hair. This is a great way to add some mullet vibes to your hairstyle without actually growing out your hair. You can add hair extensions, use hair clips, or add a mullet-inspired comb to your hair.
Mullet Styling Products
- If you’re planning on growing out your mullet, or are thinking of getting one, then you’ll need the right styling products to maintain your look.
- If you’re growing a mullet from short hair, then you’ll need a good styling product to help create texture and volume at the roots. You can use pomades, waxes, or even hair putty to create texture and volume in your hair.
- If you’re growing a long mullet, then you’ll need styling products that can add texture and definition to your long hair. Hair gel can be used to style a long mullet, as can texturizing spray.
- Mullet hairstyles are very low-maintenance, but you’ll need the right styling products to maintain your look.
- You can use styling products like hair wax or putty to create texture in your short mullet, or hair gel and wax for a long mullet.
The Perfect Shape And Length For Your Face
- There are many different mullet styles, each with its own unique look and feel. Once you’ve decided on the type of mullet you want, it’s time to think about length and shape. The first thing to think about when choosing the length and shape of your mullet is your face shape.
- You don’t want to end up with a mullet that doesn’t suit your face, so it’s important to choose the right shape. Longer mullets work best for those with thinner faces, but shouldn’t be too long, as they can make your face look even thinner.
- If you’ve got a rounder face, then a shorter, shaggier mullet will add some length and extra style to your look. For slicked-back mullets, longer hair at the top will be perfect for people with longer faces.
How To Style And Maintain A Mullet?
- If you’re growing a mullet, then you need to maintain your hairstyle to keep it looking its best. Depending on the type of mullet you’re growing, you’ll need to wash and condition your hair every 2-3 days.
- If you’re growing a long, unkempt mullet, you may even need to wash your hair daily. To style your hair, use a good quality shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair strong and healthy.
- Next, apply a good quality hair styling product to add texture and volume to your hair. You can use pomades, waxes, or even hair putty to style your hair.
- If you want to grow a long mullet, then it’s important that you don’t cut the hair too short. It’s best to let it grow out naturally, so that you can grow a nice, full, long mullet.
- If you want to create a shorter style, then you can cut the hair to a length you like, but it may take a while to grow out again.
How To Choose The Right Mullet For Your Face Shape?
- The first step in choosing the right mullet is to determine your face shape. Once you’ve found a match, you can begin thinking about the type of mullet that will suit you best. – Choose a mullet that suits your face shape – There are many different types of mullets, but they all come in different shapes and sizes.
- It’s important that you choose a mullet that not only suits your face shape, but also one that you feel confident wearing.
- Longer mullets suit thinner faces – If you’ve got a thinner face, then a long, flowing mullet will look great on you.
- Rounder faces suit something a bit shorter – If you’ve got a rounder face, then a shorter, shaggier mullet will suit you best.
Benefits Of The Mullet
- The mullet is a very versatile hairstyle and can be worn in a number of ways. The most popular is the ‘business at the front, party at the back’ type look, with the back section being much longer than the front.
- A mullet can also be worn long and shaggy, in a messy top-knot, or even stylishly slicked back. The mullet’s versatility makes it a great hairstyle for all hair types and lifestyles.
- If you’re looking for a new haircut that works for your busy lifestyle, then a mullet will do wonders. Whether you opt for a short, messy mullet, or a longer, slicked-back look, the mullet is a very low-maintenance hairstyle.
- In fact, it’s often described as ‘the laziest haircut in the world’ because it requires very little styling, and can be worn in almost any situation.
Tips For Growing A Perfect Mullet
- There are lots of different ways to grow a mullet, but there are some things you should always keep in mind.
- If you’re growing your mullet from short hair, then it will take a few months before you can wear it long. If you’ve got long hair, then you can grow your mullet from scratch.
- Choose the right shampoo and conditioner – You’ll need to use a good quality shampoo and conditioner to maintain your hair as it grows.
- Invest in some good quality hair brushes and combs – Bad hair brushes and combs can cause damage to your hair and even break off strands.
- Be patient – Growing a mullet from scratch or from short hair takes time, so be patient and remember, the longer you leave it, the longer your mullet will be when it’s finally long enough!
There are many reasons to grow a mullet – it’s a great low-maintenance hairstyle, it’s easy to style and maintain, and there are so many different types to choose from. If you’re growing a mullet, then make sure you use the right styling products to maintain your hair as it grows. When it comes to the type of mullet you should grow, the best advice is to choose the one that suits your face shape.