Do you love the color black? Add it to your nails by making your own black nail polish. It’s a fun, creative, and inexpensive project! You can make as little or as much black nail polish as you like. Mix up small batches of DIY black nail polish for personal use or make larger quantities to give away as gifts. There are lots of different types of black nail polish available nowadays but nothing beats homemade. Making your own allows you to customize your creation with unique fragrances and essential oils that you prefer. It’s also more affordable than buying pre-made bottles. Furthermore, the supplies needed for this project are simple and inexpensive. Let’s take a look at how to make it!
How To Make Black Nail Polish?
1. Collect Your Supplies
In order to make your own black nail polish, you’ll need:
- a bottle of nail polish remover (acetone or nail polish)
- essential oils (optional)
- a cotton ball or q-tip (optional)
- a small jar or container with a lid (optional)
2. Prepare Your Nail Polish Remover and Add Essential Oils
Make sure that your nail polish remover is pure acetone. This is a colorless, clear liquid that is used to remove nail polish. Make sure that it is pure and not mixed with other ingredients such as alcohol or water. If you are planning on making this project for someone else, make sure they know how to use the acetone properly and be careful when handling it. Acetone should be kept away from children and pets because it can cause severe burns if ingested or inhaled in large amounts. You can buy pure acetone at the drug store without a prescription but make sure it is purchased from an authentic source like CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, or Walmart. If you don’t have access to any of these stores, call your local pharmacy to see if they sell any acetone products. If they don’t, ask them if they can order some for you from the manufacturer so that you can have them on hand for future projects like this one! When adding essential oils to the acetone bottle, be sure to add the oils in a well-ventilated area and wear protective gloves. Essential oils are extremely potent and should be handled with care.
3. Prepare Your Nail Polish Remover
Pour a small amount of nail polish remover into a small jar or container with a lid. Add 10-20 drops of essential oil if you’re making this project for yourself or 5-10 drops if you’re making it for someone else. Mix the essential oil thoroughly with the nail polish remover until you get a homogenous mixture that is liquidy to the touch but still has some texture to it when you squeeze it between your fingers. Make sure that all of the essential oil is dissolved in the nail polish remover before you move on to step 4.
4. Heat Up Your Nail Polish Remover
Put your jar or container with nail polish remover into a microwave-safe bowl (this will help prevent any spills). Microwave on high for 10 seconds, then lower power level by 50% and continue heating for another 20 seconds at half power level (50% power level is equal to 1/2 speed). Do not exceed 30-second intervals in the microwave as heat will build up inside of it easily, causing excess pressure that could cause an explosion or leak out of the lid. If your microwave doesn’t have different levels like this one, just set your timer for 30 seconds and increase/decrease the power level until you’ve reached your desired heat level.
5. Stir Your Nail Polish Remover
Using a spoon or spatula, stir the nail polish remover mixture (with essential oil) for about 30 seconds and make sure that all of the ingredients are fully mixed together.
6. Pour The Nail Polish Remover into The Jar With The Essential Oil
Pour the nail polish remover with essential oil into a jar with a lid or container without one. Make sure that any excess nail polish remover is poured off of the spoon or spatula so that it doesn’t spill out of your jar/container as you pour it in. If there is any leftover nail polish remover in your jar, add more nail polish remover to your mixture until you have enough in it to cover the bottom half of your container with a layer about 1/4 inch thick. If there is still some leftover nail polish remover in your container after adding this first layer, add another layer on top of it by pouring more essential oil and continuing to stir for another 30 seconds or so until all of the ingredients are mixed together thoroughly and uniformly throughout all of your jars/containers again, just like in step 5 (if you do not use this method, make sure you have stirred everything well before continuing on to step 7).
7. Add More Essential Oil To Your Mixture
Add more essential oil to your mixture until all of the essential oil has been distributed throughout your nail polish remover and you’ve reached the desired amount. You may need to add more than one additional ounce of essential oil to get the consistency that you want. The amount of essential oil that you use will depend on the type of essential oil that you are using. If you are using a citrus essential oil, for example, you will probably only need to use one ounce of essential oil in your mixture (this is the same amount of essential oil that is used in this recipe).
What Are The Features Of Nail Polish?
- Nail polish is a hard, brilliant, protective coating that is applied to the nail surface. It can be used in the long term or short term.
- Nail polish can be easily removed from the nails by using remover or by washing your hands with soap and water. But most of the time it stays on our nails forever.
- The main causes of nail polish failure are a chemical reaction between nail polish and skin which results in discoloration of the nail, and also it is due to contamination from bacteria, fungi, or molds which results in irritation to the skin around the nails resulting in infection or rashes.
- Some people use fake nail polish on their nails while they were having accidents at home, some people prefer to wear fake nail polish because they think that it will be easier for them to apply it than the real one and also more attractive than natural ones as artificial ones generally have bright color which makes them look more attractive than natural ones.
- Nail paint remover usually contains acetone as its active ingredient which may cause allergic reactions such as itching, redness, and swelling of the skin around the nails if you do not use barrier cream before you start removing your fake nails off your nails then this may cause further effects on your body such as dizziness, nausea, etc.
Tips For Making Your Own Nail Polish
- The first and most important step in making your own nail polish is to buy some nail polish remover. You can get the best nail polish remover at any local beauty store.”You can also use Nail Polish Remover Wipes, but they are not as effective as normal removers.”
- The next important step is to make your own nail polish mixture. You must mix some essential oils with your nail polish remover and apply it to your nails before you start painting them with the real color of the manicure.”You may want to use more than one ounce of essential oil to get the consistency that you want.”
- After you have applied the mixture to your nails, paint them with the acrylic or gel color that you want and leave them for a few minutes before removing them with nail polish remover or just washing your hands with soap and water.
Now you know everything you need to know about how to make black nail polish. Make your own black nail polish and customize it with your favorite scent. You can even make black glitter nail polish if you want! Make as little or as much as you like. There are lots of different ways to make it. Be creative and have fun making your own black nail polish!