In case of a fire, an alarm is set off in the building to alert everyone of the danger. This alarm helps people exit the building and stay safe from further danger. Yet, because of this, many offices and buildings choose to shut down their fire alarms after some time. In this blog post, we will show you how you can turn off your fire alarm at work. If you work in an office or larger building, you might have seen these signs around. They’re there for a reason: To advise occupants when the fire alarm is turned off and when it will be reactivated after a specific time period. If you’re reading this blog, it means that your office has switched off their fire alarms as well – good for them! But what if you need to get back inside again? And don’t panic… we’ll explain exactly how you can do that below!
How To Turn Off Fire Alarm In Building?
1. When you’re going to the building and you see that the fire alarm is off, don’t panic! Just make sure not to disable it yourself. Instead, ask someone who works there to turn it on again. If they’re not there, just go inside and wait for them.
2. When someone is there and has agreed to turn on the fire alarm again, they will probably need some kind of verification that you work in the building. This might be a security code or something similar so make sure that you have this information handy when asking them to turn on your fire alarm!
3 . Once the alarm has been turned on again, leave the building as soon as possible. In case of an emergency, it can be very dangerous if people stay inside too long so make sure that this doesn’t happen!
4 . You should also make sure to check whether your office has any other rules in place regarding their fire alarms being turned off. This can include required times for turning them back on (like at night) or specific reasons for doing so (like during holidays). Make sure that you know all about these rules before proceeding any further!
5 . If you work in a large company with a lot of employees, it might be smart to inform everyone about what happened if they are still inside when their fire alarm goes off once again. It might take more time to get everyone out of the building if they didn’t know beforehand that the fire alarm was off!
6 . If you are a visitor to a building, don’t worry if the fire alarm is off. You can always ask an employee to turn it on again for you!
7. If you’re not sure whether your fire alarm is on or off, just check when you’re leaving the building. This way you can be sure that it won’t go off while you are inside and cause panic among everyone else. This also means that if it does go off, you will be able to leave the building quickly and safely!
8 . If there are any instructions on how to react during an emergency posted around, make sure that all employees have read them before entering the building. They will most likely inform them about what they should do in case of a fire – so make sure that they know everything about it!
9 . Finally, we would like to remind everyone reading this blog post about why it might be dangerous for people to stay inside their buildings when their fire alarms go off. In case of an actual emergency, people won’t be able to leave the building in time if they delay getting out because they don’t know what is happening or because they need to get their belongings first – so just make sure that everyone knows what they should do in case of an emergency and follow these guidelines as soon as possible!
What To Do If The Fire Alarm Is On?
- Leave the building. This is the most important thing to do when the fire alarm is on. You should never stay inside if you hear an alarm, it’s a sign that there’s a major danger inside. Before you leave the building, make sure you know where the nearest escape route is and what your emergency exit plan is. Most people think they will be able to get out if they need to, but in reality, many people end up getting caught up in their work and forget where their exits are!
- Check if everyone else has left. If there’s someone still in the building when the fire alarm goes off, make sure they leave as well! It might seem like a no-brainer, but it happens more often than you think: People panic or are otherwise occupied and can’t find their way out of the building or simply don’t hear the alarm!
- Call 911 from outside of your office or other workplace location immediately after exiting. Use your cell phone or another landline phone nearby and call 911 for help with evacuation assistance or sheltering in place instructions depending on what situation you have found yourself in after exiting your office building or workplace location during a fire alarm activation at work. The sooner you call 911 from outside of your workplace location, the sooner help can arrive!
- Stay away from any buildings that are on fire. It might be tempting to go back into your work area to retrieve something (or someone) you left behind, but don’t do it! The fire alarms going off are there for a reason, and even if your workplace has a sprinkler system that has activated, the building is still not safe to enter.
- Don’t forget to check on any animals or pets that might be inside as well. If you have an animal or pet in your office or workplace location, it might also be trapped when the fire alarm goes off! Make sure you check on them and get them out safely if they are inside.
- Call 911 after the fire alarm has been turned off. If the fire alarm has been turned off at work and you need to re-enter your office building or workplace location after evacuation, call 911 immediately before returning. You should always call 911 for assistance when you’re outside of your office building or workplace location after a fire alarm activation at work!
How To Turn Off A Fire Alarm Permanently
1. Find your fire alarm.
This might sound obvious, but you’ll need to know where the fire alarm is located. In most cases, this will be in the hallway or outside the door of each room. You can also ask your coworkers for their best guesses as to where it is – just make sure that you don’t go off on a wild goose chase! If you don’t want to bother your coworkers, there are other ways of finding it: Simply check your office building’s fire safety plan or ask someone who has been in the company longer than you have.
2. Locate the “Test Button”
This should be somewhere on the front of the alarm, usually near its top and often hidden behind a plastic cover (See image above). This button is used to test whether or not the alarm works and whether it needs maintenance in order to reactivate it. It will either look like a big red button or a small switch that can be turned on and off by hand (as seen in our images). Both types are easy for anyone to see and understand, so please don’t ignore them!
3. Test your fire alarm
If you have found both of these things – good job! Now all that remains is to test whether or not it works properly… To do this, simply press down on your “Test-Button” and wait for a few seconds until you hear an audible response from the alarm. If you hear a very loud siren, then this means that your fire alarm is in working order and ready to be turned back on. If there is no sound at all, then you may have to get maintenance involved.
4. Turn your fire alarm back on
Assuming that the test went well, it’s time to reactivate your fire alarm! Simply locate the “Test-Button” and turn it off again – this will deactivate the alarms and make them safe for use once more. So there you have it: You’ve mastered how to turn off a fire alarm for good! Now you can rest assured that you won’t have any problems getting into your office building again. However, if you do find yourself locked outside of your workplace due to an activated fire alarm, consider calling someone on the inside (such as a coworker or security guard) in order to let yourself in again – don’t try breaking down the door or window!
Fire alarms are built to protect everyone in the building from danger, and it’s best to listen when they go off. At the same time, it’s important to know how to shut them off in case there’s ever an emergency. If the alarms are on, the best thing to do is make sure everyone in the building is safe, and wait for the alarms to be turned off. If you have read this blog, you now know how to react when the fire alarm goes off, as well as how to turn it off in the interim!