Facebook Marketplace is a great place to sell your stuff, from vintage furniture to new clothing and everything in between. Once you’ve sold an item, you won’t be able to see how much money you made from that sale—but that doesn’t mean you can’t try and track down the details of the transaction again later. Here is how you can view sold items on the Facebook marketplace. You might feel a little weird about keeping tabs on the things you’ve sold, but there are plenty of good reasons why it’s useful information to have access to. Depending on what type of items you’re selling, those details could also help inform whether or not it makes sense for you to keep selling them on Marketplace in the future. Read on to learn more.
How To View Sold Items On Facebook Marketplace?
Did you know that the Facebook Marketplace has a hidden feature that reveals how many times a piece of clothing has been sold? It’s true. But it’s also not obvious. So, to help you make the most of this awesome app, here are five insider tips on how best to view sold items when browsing the Marketplace. If you’ve not yet discovered the magic of Facebook Marketplace, it’s time you did! This nifty app is way more than just another way to sell stuff to your friends and neighbors – it’s actually quite brilliant. Check out these top ways to view sold items in Facebook Marketplace.
- While browsing, look for the sold sign
- First off, when you’re browsing items in Facebook Marketplace, look out for the sold sign. This little sign, which appears next to some clothing items, indicates that the item has been sold.
- But it also allows you to view the number of times it has been sold. Perfect, right? The sold sign on Facebook Marketplace allows you to view the item’s sell history. You can see the number of times the item has been sold, and when it was last sold. This is great for all sorts of reasons.
- First, it gives you a greater idea of how many times the item has been worn, washed, and how well it has stood the test of time. This can help you get a better idea of the item’s overall condition. And it’s especially useful if the seller has left the item’s condition as “unspecified”.
- Check the comments for more information
- Another great way to view the sold items on Facebook Marketplace is to check the comments. Did you know that when someone purchases an item, their name is listed in the comments section of the post? This is especially helpful if the seller has left the item’s condition as “unspecified”.
- It’s also useful if you’re trying to find out how many times an item was sold. Let’s say you’re viewing an item that’s been worn many times and has an unspecified condition. The comments section will tell you how many times the item was purchased, and when it was last sold – which is great for determining the item’s condition.
- Find clothing with a price drop
- Another excellent way to view the items that have been sold on Facebook Marketplace is to look for clothing with a price drop. Let’s say you’re browsing the Marketplace, and you stumble upon a beautiful pair of jeans. The jeans are listed at $25, but they have a price drop of 50% – meaning they’re now only $12.50.
- If you’re quick, you can purchase the item for $12.50. This is because the Marketplace allows you to purchase the item at the original price. If you wait a few days, however, you may see the jeans drop to $6.25 – the lowest price allowed on the app.
- As you can see, finding clothing with a price drop lets you view the items that have been sold. This is great if you don’t want to bother with checking the comments.
- See what your friends are selling
- Another way to view the sold items in Facebook Marketplace is to see what your friends are selling. This is especially helpful if you’re looking for something in particular. This way, you can view the items that your friends have sold in the past. You can also get an idea of the condition of the items.
- This is especially helpful if a seller has left the item’s condition as “unspecified”. If you’re searching for something in particular, browse through the Marketplace by clicking “Sell”. Here, you can browse through items for sale in your area. This way, you can see what your friends are selling – and you can view the items that have been sold.
- Use Facebook’s smart search tool
- Another useful way to view the items that have been sold on Facebook Marketplace is to use Facebook’s smart search tool. To start, select the search bar at the top of the app. From here, select the “all products” option.
- You can then type in the name of the item you’re looking for – be it “purse” or “leather jacket”. Facebook’s smart search tool will then show you the items that match your search. It will also show you the items that have been sold.
- This is especially helpful if you’re searching for something in particular. And it’s a great way to view the items that have been sold
From Facebook To See Who Paid You?
- If you sell an item through Marketplace and a buyer pays you directly through Facebook, you’ll be able to see the details of that transaction on the transaction log in your Facebook account.
- If you haven’t logged in to Facebook in a while, you might want to double-check this transaction log and search for it in case there are any items you’ve sold that you’d like to keep track of.
- You can find this transaction log by going to Facebook and clicking on More at the top of the page, clicking on Payments, and clicking on Transaction Log.
From PayPal, To See How Much You Made?
- If a buyer pays you directly through PayPal, you can search your PayPal account for the details of that transaction.
- You can search for a transaction by clicking on the Transactions tab, clicking on either Payments Received or Payments Sent, and typing in the invoice number or other information that you may have noted at the time of the transaction.
- If you don’t have the invoice number but the transaction was related to Marketplace, you can search for “marketplace” in the Invoice Number or Details field, or search for “marketplace” or “marketplace seller” in the Amount field.
Via Email To See Which FB Marketplace User Was Paid?
- If a buyer pays you directly through PayPal but uses their email address and not a Facebook account, you won’t be able to see that person’s Facebook profile.
- But if you’ve noted that person’s email address, you can search for it in your email inbox to see who paid you.
- You can do this by clicking on the Emails tab in your inbox and typing in the email address in the Search field.
- You can also click on the More menu and click on See All, and then click on the Filter drop-down menu to select the From field.
Through a business tool to find out what was sold?
- If all else fails, you can use a business tool to search for the item’s title and discover what it was that you sold.
- For example, if you sold a pair of shoes and want to know the brand and style, you could search the shoes on the Shopify website to find the product details.
Facebook Marketplace is an excellent space for people to buy and sell used items. It also gives you a quick and easy way to make money on items you no longer need. You can track the sales you’ve made by going to your Marketplace settings and clicking on the Sold Items tab. From there, you can view the dates, prices, and other details of each sale. If you can’t remember the details of a sold item, you can use one of the methods listed above to find out what was sold. With that information in hand, you can decide whether or not you want to continue selling items on Marketplace. From there, you can look ahead to what’s next as you build your business.
- What is the process for reporting an item that has been sold?
Once the item has been sold, you need to report it as a sale in your Facebook account. To do this, select the item and click on the “Report” link at the top of the page.
- What is my recourse if I think I’ve been scammed by a Marketplace seller?
You can report a seller for violating Facebook’s terms of service by clicking on the “Report” link at the top of their post and then selecting Scammer from the drop-down menu that appears there. If you think you were scammed, you may want to check Craigslist or your local classifieds to see if your item is being sold there as well
- Can you see what someone has sold on the Facebook marketplace?
After opening the conversation, click on the small carrot(if you are on the desktop) or the three dots(if you are using the mobile app) next to the person’s first name and the title of the item being sold. This will bring up the “chat settings”