Redken Align 12 is a popular hair styling product that has been trusted by many individuals for its ability to provide a stronghold and smoothness to hair. However, to the disappointment of its users, Redken Align 12 has been discontinued. As a result, many people are searching for alternatives that can provide the same benefits. In this article, we will explore why Redken Align 12 was discontinued, review customer reactions to the discontinuation, introduce some of the alternatives available in the market, compare each alternative with Redken Align 12, identify the best replacements, provide tips on selecting a replacement, and finally offer a conclusion with a call to action for readers to share their experiences with the alternatives.
What Replaced Redken Align 12?
There is no direct replacement for Redken Align 12, as the product has been discontinued by the company. However, there are several alternatives available in the market that can provide similar benefits. Some of the most recommended alternatives are:
- Redken Velvet Gelatine 07: This styling gel is designed to provide a strong hold and shine to hair. It is ideal for creating sleek hairstyles and controlling frizz.
- Redken Align 08: This product is the updated version of Redken Align 12, with a slightly different formula. It provides the same smoothness and anti-frizz benefits as its predecessor but with a stronger hold.
- Redken No Blow Dry Airy Cream: This product is perfect for individuals who prefer to air dry their hair. It provides a lightweight hold and control while reducing frizz and adding volume to hair.
- Redken Frizz Dismiss Smooth Force: This styling lotion is ideal for taming frizzy hair and providing a smooth, sleek finish. It is infused with nourishing ingredients like Babassu oil and Pracaxi oil, which help to strengthen hair and protect it from humidity.
Ultimately, the best replacement for Redken Align 12 will depend on individual hair type, texture, and styling preferences. It may require some experimentation to find the right product, but the above options are a good starting point.
Why Redken Align 12 Was Discontinued?
The reason for the discontinuation of Redken Align 12 is not publicly disclosed by Redken. However, it is common for companies to discontinue products for various reasons such as low sales, changes in market trends, and the introduction of new products.
It is possible that Redken Align 12 was not generating enough revenue to justify its production costs or that it was no longer in line with current market trends. Additionally, Redken may have decided to focus its resources on developing new products or updating existing ones.
Regardless of the reason for its discontinuation, it is clear that Redken Align 12 had a loyal following and its absence has left many people searching for alternatives that can provide similar benefits.
Redken Align 12 And Its Benefits
Redken Align 12 was a hair styling product designed to provide a smooth, frizz-free finish to hair while maintaining its natural movement. It was formulated with a lightweight, anti-frizz technology that helped to control flyaways and tame unruly hair.
Some of the key benefits of Redken Align 12 included:
Smoothness: Redken Align 12 provided a smooth, sleek finish to hair, without weighing it down or making it look greasy.
Frizz control: The anti-frizz technology in Redken Align 12 helped to control flyaways and reduce frizz, even in humid weather.
Manageability: Redken Align 12 made hair more manageable, allowing for easier styling and a natural-looking finish.
Hold: The product provided a flexible hold, allowing hair to move naturally without losing its shape or hold throughout the day.
Shine: Redken Align 12 added a subtle shine to hair, making it look healthy and vibrant.
Overall, Redken Align 12 was a versatile styling product that was suitable for all hair types, providing a smooth, frizz-free finish that looked natural and effortless. While it has been discontinued, there are several alternatives available in the market that can provide similar benefits.
Best Replacements For Redken Align 12
The best replacements for Redken Align 12 will depend on individual hair type, texture, and styling preferences. However, based on customer reviews and expert recommendations, some of the best alternatives to Redken Align 12 are:
- Redken Align 08: This product is the updated version of Redken Align 12, with a slightly different formula. It provides similar smoothness and anti-frizz benefits but with a stronger hold.
- Redken Frizz Dismiss Rebel Tame: This leave-in cream is designed to control frizz and provide a smooth, sleek finish to hair. It also contains nourishing ingredients like Babassu oil and Pracaxi oil, which help to strengthen hair and protect it from humidity.
- Matrix Biolage Styling Gelee: This styling gel provides a strong hold and adds shine to hair while controlling frizz and flyaways. It is lightweight and non-sticky, allowing hair to move naturally.
- L’Oreal Paris Advanced Hairstyle BLOW DRY IT Thermal Smoother Cream: This cream is ideal for individuals who use heat styling tools, as it provides heat protection while smoothing hair and controlling frizz. It also provides a flexible hold, allowing hair to move naturally.
Ultimately, the best replacement for Redken Align 12 will depend on personal preference and hair type. It may require some experimentation to find the right product, but the above options are a good starting point.
Tips On Selecting A Replacement For Redken Align 12
When selecting a replacement for Redken Align 12, it is important to consider the following factors:
- Hair type: Different products work better on different hair types. Consider whether your hair is fine or thick, curly or straight, and choose a product that is specifically formulated for your hair type.
- Hold: Redken Align 12 provided a flexible hold. Consider how much hold you need for your desired style and choose a product that can provide that level of hold.
- Texture: Consider the texture of the product. Some people prefer a lightweight texture, while others prefer a thicker, more gel-like consistency. Choose a product that you feel comfortable working with.
- Benefits: Redken Align 12 provided anti-frizz benefits, smoothness, and shine. Consider which benefits are most important to you and choose a product that can provide those benefits.
- Ingredients: Check the ingredients list to ensure that the product does not contain any ingredients that could cause an allergic reaction or damage to your hair.
- Reviews: Read customer reviews to get an idea of how the product works and whether it is effective for others with similar hair types and styling preferences.
- Price: Consider the price of the product and whether it fits within your budget.
By considering these factors, you can select a replacement for Redken Align 12 that is most suitable for your hair type and styling needs.
In conclusion, the discontinuation of Redken Align 12 has left many individuals searching for alternatives that can provide similar benefits. While there is no direct replacement for Redken Align 12, there are several alternatives available in the market that can provide similar smoothness, anti-frizz benefits, and hold. The best replacement will depend on individual hair type, texture, and styling preferences, but Redken Align 08, Redken Frizz Dismiss Rebel Tame, Matrix Biolage Styling Gelee, and L’Oreal Paris Advanced Hairstyle BLOW DRY IT Thermal Smoother Cream are some of the most recommended alternatives.
Is There Any Chance That Redken Align 12 Will Come Back?
While Redken has not made any public announcements regarding the return of Align 12, it is unlikely that it will be back on the market. Companies often discontinue products permanently due to various reasons, such as low sales or the introduction of new products.
Can I Use Any Hair Styling Product As A Replacement For Redken Align 12?
No, it is important to select a hair styling product that is suitable for your hair type and styling needs. Redken Align 12 was designed to provide a specific set of benefits, such as smoothness, anti-frizz benefits, and flexible hold. It is important to choose a replacement product that can provide similar benefits and is formulated for your hair type.
Can I Mix Redken Align 08 With Redken Align 12 For Better Results?
It is not recommended to mix different hair styling products, as they may have different ingredients and formulations that may not work well together. Redken Align 08 and Align 12 have slightly different formulas, and it is best to use them separately to achieve the desired results.